Welcome to the Criterium National Championships. Once again this fast and furious event is taking place in the CBD of Takapuna Beach on the North Shore of Auckland.
The Criterium National Championships has been a highlight in the events calendar for many years, and has witnessed some of NZ’s best riders take on a tight and technical course through the mains streets of Takapuna – in front of large crowds of fans.
2013 will be no different. Mark the 9th of November in your calendar and we look forward to seeing you there. Link to our facebook page to stay up to date with all the pre race information
Click here to download Communique 1
ENTRIES CLOSE 11:59pm 7 NOVEMBER- Please note there will be no on the day entry
- Racing will be conducted under the appropriate BikeNZ Road & Track and UCI Regulations.
- Helmets must be worn at all times.
- A National Licence is required for all championship races (excluding open grade)
Registration starts from 4.00pm & Prizegiving will be at 8.45pm
- 5.30pm U17 Girls 15mins + 1 lap
- 5.55pm U17 Boys 20mins + 1 lap
- 6.25pm Open/Master 20mins + 1 lap
- 6.55pm Elite Women 25mins + 1 lap
- 7.30pm Elite Men 45mins + 1 laps
Lap Boards will be displayed from 3 laps out.
Please note that age categories are determined by your age as at the 31st December 2013
- U17 Girls and Boys – 6.610m.
- Gear rollouts will be checked prior to the start.
- Race Numbers – Two numbers must be worn, one on the centre of the LOWER back, one on the left.
- No other cyclists other than those actually racing to be on race circuit while racing is in progress.
- Intermediate Sprints for prizes will be announced by a WHISTLE on the lap prior.
- Final Sprints will be announced by a BELL on the lap prior.
- Race duration maybe reduced according to weather conditions &/or field sizes.
Punctures / Crashes
- In the case of a recognised mishap (eg. puncture or crash) the rider shall be entitled to a neutralisation of one lap.
- After the neutralisation, the rider shall resume the race but shall not be eligible for the following intermediate sprint.
- In the case of mishap prior to the final sprint, the rider must have rejoined the main bunch before two laps to the finish to be eligible for classification.